Mississippi Department of Transportation Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (“MDOT”) has committed to providing a DBE Supportive Services program that contributes to the growth and self-sufficiency of minority and women owned businesses. MDOT’s goal for implementing this program is to assist in the development, mentoring, and advancement of DBE firms, affording these firms the opportunity to successfully compete for highway and business contracts outside the DBE program.
MDOT strives to ensure that small disadvantaged business enterprises have full access to federally funded opportunities and that only eligible firms will participate in the MDOT DBE program. The Mississippi DBE Supportive Services Contractor will provide the following services to eligible DBE firms:
- Outreach, recruitment, and certification assistance
- Estimating, bidding, and technical assistance
- Business management, recordkeeping and accounting
- Bonding and loan identification and application completion assistance
- Business development services that contribute to the long-term achievement, increased opportunities, and eventual self-sufficiency of DBE firms
Systems Consultants Associates, Inc.
Systems Consultants Associates can provide “free assistance” to certified MDOT DBE’s in the following areas:
- Preparing company business cards and profile sheets, and providing information on recommended target areas for your marketing efforts.
- Acting as a liaison between the DBE contractor and Prime Contractor regarding project information and problems occurring on the jobsite.
- Informing of upcoming MDOT lettings and project information for other agencies throughout the state. SYSTEMS can assist you in locating bid tabulation information as well.
- Providing assistance and guidance on material takeoffs, bid preparation and estimating, project scheduling, and planning for projects that DBEs are bidding on or plan to bid on in the near future.
- Supporting with office computer operations to include trouble-shooting problems, Internet access and software installation, and basic to technical computer training.
- Assisting in financial areas such as loan and bond package preparations, company financial statements, business plan preparation, and SBA 8(a) and Hub-Zone certification packages.